Important Notice Concerning Credit Card Payments:
In order to comply with the Competition and Consumer Amendment (Payment Surcharges) Act 2016, which came into law on 25th February 2016 with effect for all businesses from 1st September 2017 any card transactions we process where the card holder is not present and able to enter their PIN we will be adding a 3.2% card processing fee to the transaction. This is due to the much higher card processing fees that we have to pay on these type of transactions. This fee replaces the current $5 fee that we charge. We will continue to absorb the processing fees for payments where the card’s PIN is used in our terminal.
This change is effective from January 1st 2017.
Following the decision last year to not initiate any price increases due to the situation that the country and indeed the entire world found itself in which caused varying levels of financial hardship all round, it is unfortunately necessary due to ever increasing costs to initiate a rate increase effective July 1st 2021. Current active students as at June 30th 2021 will still benefit from their present fee schedule until January 1st 2022.
Our base lesson prices are listed below. Special offers are often available and will be advertised on this website and emailed to those on our mailing list.
All our courses include:
- full lesson time – We will never cut a lesson short as a result of an action of ours.
- Lesson handouts each lesson and a storage folder for them
- CD with useful information
- Free chilled bottled water each lesson – Good hydration is important for both learning and driving. Research article about hydration and driving errors here.
- Video of your lessons emailed to you on the day of your lesson – Coming Soon
- VORT pass guarantee – Conditions Apply
- Free 60 Minute refresher or Manual conversion lesson when you get your own car if claimed within 18 months of passing your VORT – Conditions Apply
The current fee for the examiners that we use to conduct our Vehicle On Road Test is $160. This fee is payable direct to the examiner at the time of the test. This fee includes the government VORT registration fee but is in addition to the VORT fee for the use of the Southern School of Motoring car.
.* All prices include GST
** If you have not used Southern School of Motoring for your driver training then you will need to undertake a driving assessment prior to booking our vehicle for your VORT. This will take up to 90 minutes and is charged at $250 (incl GST) and is in addition to the fee for the use of the school car. The VORT Pass guarantee does not apply in this situation.
^^ For full details of the supervised driving sessions please visit this page of the website.
To book please call or sms 0434 123 760 or use our booking request form here.